Monday, March 5, 2012

V6 - POETRY, By Annan Henry

I.
At night when the blood
Swells in my ears for want
Of something out of silence
And my beating heart
Is measured by the rush
When I cringe and quail and quake
And fold my heaviness inward
And so clenched gain traction
In trepidation's heightened avidity
Then, are exhalations whispers
For want of home
Then, is 'alone' a word
I know all too well beyond
What I have shown

II.
As for my transgressions, forgive me them
May they remind you that I was bereft and burdened
And that I ached for your embrace
That I, having been dismissed once more
Felt never again able to bear it
And cried out at the world against you
Please remember that I bled hope
That I smiled for the blessed sweetness
Of stars and sky and the rest in your company
And how mysteries unfolded before my tearful eyes
And how that struck me utterly down
So that I was certain, as I've read
That the abyss must be all flowering and blue beneath
And that you must have authored it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment